Microsoft Graph REST API v1.0 endpoint reference
Welcome to Microsoft Graph REST API reference for the v1.0 endpoint.
API sets on the v1.0 endpoint (
https://graph.microsoft.com/v1.0) are in general availability (GA) status, and have gone through a rigorous review-and-feedback process with customers to meet practical, production needs. Updates to APIs on this endpoint are additive in nature and do not break existing app scenarios.
Common use cases
The power of Microsoft Graph lies in easy navigation of entities and relationships across different services exposed on a single Microsoft Graph REST endpoint.
User-centric use cases in v1.0
- Get the profile and photo of a user, Lisa.
- Get the profile information about Lisa's manager and IDs of her direct reports, all stored in Azure Active Directory.
- Access Lisa's files on OneDrive for Business, find the identity of the last person who modified a file there, and navigate to that person's profile.
- Access Lisa's calendar on Exchange Online and determine the best time for Lisa to meet with her team in the next two weeks.
- Subscribe to and track changes in Lisa's calendar, tell Lisa when she is spending more than 80% of her time in meetings.
- Set automatic replies when Lisa is away from the office.
- Get the people who are most relevant to Lisa, based on communication, collaboration, and business relationships.
- Get the latest sales projection from a chart in an Excel file in Lisa's OneDrive for Business.
- Find the tasks assigned to Lisa in Planner.
Microsoft 365 group use cases in v1.0
- Run a report on Microsoft 365 groups in an organization and identify the group with the most communication among group members.
- Find the plans of this Microsoft 365 group, and the assignment of tasks in that plan.
- Start a new conversation in the Microsoft 365 group to determine if members want to create another group to share the workload.
- Get the default notebook for the group and create a page to note the outcome of the investigation.
Other API versions
There are currently 2 versions of Microsoft Graph REST APIs - v1.0 and beta. If you're interested in new or enhanced APIs that are still in preview status, see Microsoft Graph beta endpoint reference. Be aware that APIs in preview status are subject to change, and may break existing scenarios without notice. Don't take a production dependency on APIs in the beta endpoint.
Find more information about versioning and support.
Call the v1.0 endpoint
Microsoft Graph API requests to the v1.0 endpoint use the following pattern:
For details, see Use the Microsoft Graph API.
Find out about the latest new features and updates in the v1.0 endpoint.
Connect with us
Are there additional APIs or features you'd like to see in Microsoft Graph? Post new feature requests on the Microsoft 365 Developer Platform ideas forum.
Have feedback for existing Microsoft Graph APIs? Connect with us on GitHub.