Power BI Paginated Reports in a Day course
The Power BI Paginated Reports in a Day video-based course empowers you as a report author with the technical knowledge required to create, publish, and distribute Power BI paginated reports. It comprises almost 4 hours 20 minutes of viewable content—available on demand, and is free of charge. There's also an attendee kit that you can download and use to complete nine hands-on labs.
Specifically, the course targets:
- Power BI report authors
- Excel analysts
- Report authors with SQL Server Reporting Services (SSRS) skills, requiring a refresher
- Crystal Reports authors
After you complete the course, you'll know how to:
- Design report layouts
- Connect to data sources to retrieve report data
- Work with parameters
- Visualize report data
- Add interactive features
- Publish, consume, deliver, and embed paginated reports
Watch the welcome and introduction video to start the course.
This video might use earlier versions of Power BI Desktop or the Power BI service.
The course of 26 videos is organized into eight modules. We recommend you watch the videos in the recorded sequence, starting with video 01 and ending with video 26.
- Video 01: Welcome and Course Introduction
- Module 01: Power BI Reporting
- Module 02: Designing Report Layouts
- Module 03: Retrieving Report Data
- Module 04: Working with Parameters
- Module 05: Visualizing Report Data
- Module 06: Adding Interactive Features
- Module 07: Beyond Report Development
- Module 08: Bonus Content
You can download and set up an attendee kit, which consists of the presentation content and nine hands-on labs:
- Use this link to download the English language attendee kit (.zip) locally to your PC (Windows 8, or later). Alternatively, use this link to download the localized attendee kit (.zip) locally to your PC (Windows 8, or later).
- Open the file properties of the zip file, and check "unblock" (Windows may flag the file as potentially untrusted).
- Create a root course folder. We recommend you name it something like "C:\Training". Remember this location, because you'll need to access the course files during the labs. All lab documents refer to this location as <CourseFolder>.
- Extract the PowerBIPRIAD-Attendee.zip file contents to your root course folder.
- In the <CourseFolder>\PowerBIPRIAD\Lab01A folder, open the PDF lab document and follow the lab instructions.
In the localized attendee kit, you will find documents for the following eight languages:
- German (de-DE)
- Spanish (es-ES)
- French (fr-FR)
- Italian (it-IT)
- Japanese (ja-JP)
- Korean (ko-KR)
- Portuguese, Brazilian (pt-BR)
- Chinese, simplified characters (zh-CN)
You're responsible for having your own Power BI account. If you don't already have one, see Sign up for Power BI as an individual. A newly signed up account can benefit from a 60-day trial license.
To complete the labs, you must sign in to Power BI to publish a Power BI Desktop file to a workspace. The publication results in a dataset that's used as a report data source. You will need a Power BI Pro license or Power BI Premium Per User (PPU) license to use a dataset as a report data source.
Some lab tasks involve publishing paginated reports to a Power BI service workspace. You can only open a paginated report in the Power BI service when it's saved to a workspace that has its license mode set to Premium per user or Premium capacity.
Use this link to download the instructor kit (.zip) locally to your PC.
For more information related to this article, check out the following resources:
- Tutorial: Create a paginated report and upload it to the Power BI service
- Questions? Try asking the Power BI Community
- Suggestions? Contribute ideas to improve Power BI