What is the Customers workspace?
Appropriate roles: Global admin | Admin agent
The Customers workspace in Partner Center is where you can connect with customers, purchase subscriptions, manage licenses, and submit support requests on their behalf.
Use the following step to access the Customers workspace.
- Sign in to Partner Center and select Customers.
As a trusted advisor to your customers, you can use the Customers workspace to support them when they have questions or issues. By providing support to your customers, you have the opportunity to learn more about them and their businesses. Doing so helps you to identify new services and solutions that drive value.
What can you do within the Customers workspace?
You can use the Customers workspace in Partner Center to connect with your customers in one of the following ways:
- Connect with existing customers
- Connect with new customers
- Remove a relationship with a customer
Read on for other key tasks you can accomplish within the Customers workspace of Partner Center.
Obtain granular delegated admin privileges (GDAP)
GDAP capabilities allow you to control access to your customers' workloads in order to better address their security concerns. Browse the GDAP section to learn about topics such as the following:
- Introduction to GDAP
- Obtain GDAP to manage a customer's service
- Workloads supported by GDAP
- DAP-to-GDAP bulk migration
- GDAP role guidance, including least-privileged access
- GDAP frequently asked questions
Work with partners
Microsoft's Cloud Solution Provider (CSP) program offers opportunities for you to work together with other partners in various ways. Browse the Work with partners section to learn about topics such as the following:
- The indirect provider-indirect reseller model
- Multi-partner support
- Multi-channel support
- Find a partner or solution provider
- Create a business profile to get Microsoft sales leads and help customers find you
Manage your customers
Within the Customers workspace, you can manage your customer relationships in many ways. Browse the Manage your customers section to learn about topics such as the following:
- Add new customers
- Update customer account information
- Request a reseller relationship
- Remove a reseller relationship
- Let customers buy their own services
Manage your customer subscriptions
You can perform many subscription-management tasks for a customer. Browse the Manage customer subscriptions section to learn about topics such as the following:
- Create user accounts
- Delete user accounts
- Restore deleted user accounts
- Create and manage customer subscriptions
- Assign or revoke licenses to multiple users
- Manage, cancel, exchange, or refund Azure reservations on their behalf
- Transfer a customer's Azure subscriptions to another partner.
Support your customers
You can use the Customers workspace to provide overall support to your customers. Browse the Support your customers section to learn about topics such as the following:
- Explain Customer self-support options for the Microsoft 365 admin center and Azure portal
- Assign a reseller as a technical support contact
- Escalate the problem to Microsoft
- Multichannel support
- Multi-partner support
- Providing different types of support to your customers
- Obtain permissions to manage a customer's service or subscription
- Check service health for a customer reporting a potential outage or service problem
- Report a service problem on behalf of a customer
Complete Microsoft Customer Agreements
You can use the Customers workspace to manage the Microsoft Customer Agreement for your customers. Browse the Microsoft Customer Agreements section to learn about topics such as the following:
- Versions available for region, language, customer type, and audience
- Confirm your customer's acceptance of the agreement
- Invite new and existing customers to review and accept the agreement