Azure Data Factory and Azure Synapse Analytics connector overview
APPLIES TO: Azure Data Factory Azure Synapse Analytics
Azure Data Factory and Azure Synapse Analytics pipelines support the following data stores and formats via Copy, Data Flow, Look up, Get Metadata, and Delete activities. Click each data store to learn the supported capabilities and the corresponding configurations in details.
Supported data stores
Any connector marked as Preview means that you can try it out and give us feedback. If you want to take a dependency on preview connectors in your solution, please contact Azure support.
Integrate with more data stores
Azure Data Factory and Synapse pipelines can reach broader set of data stores than the list mentioned above. If you need to move data to/from a data store that is not in the service built-in connector list, here are some extensible options:
- For database and data warehouse, usually you can find a corresponding ODBC driver, with which you can use generic ODBC connector.
- For SaaS applications:
- If it provides RESTful APIs, you can use generic REST connector.
- If it has OData feed, you can use generic OData connector.
- If it provides SOAP APIs, you can use generic HTTP connector.
- If it has ODBC driver, you can use generic ODBC connector.
- For others, check if you can load data to or expose data as any supported data stores, e.g. Azure Blob/File/FTP/SFTP/etc, then let the service pick up from there. You can invoke custom data loading mechanism via Azure Function, Custom activity, Databricks/HDInsight, Web activity, etc.
Supported file formats
The following file formats are supported. Refer to each article for format-based settings.
- Avro format
- Binary format
- Common Data Model format
- Delimited text format
- Delta format
- Excel format
- JSON format
- ORC format
- Parquet format
- XML format
Submit and view feedback for