Manage your certification profile
What is the Microsoft certification profile?
If you’ve ever registered for, or taken, a certification exam, you have a certification profile containing your legal name and contact information.
- When you take an exam, the proctor matches your government issued identification to the information in your certification profile. If these two sources don’t match, you cannot take the exam.
- While you can edit your contact information and check discount status in your certification profile, changing your legal name requires a form. To update your legal name to match your identification, see “How to change the name on your Microsoft certification profile”.
Access and update your certification profile
Accessing your certification profile is now done via your Microsoft Learn profile. If you’ve not already done so, there’s a quick process to connect the two before this is possible. Please visit Connect a certification profile to Learn to complete this step before proceeding. If you’re already connected, access your certification profile using the following steps:
- Sign into Learn using the same personal Microsoft account (MSA) you use to sign into your certification profile.
- Click on the Learn profile photo avatar and select Settings from the drop-down menu.
- Scroll to the Connected certification profile section
- Select “Manage certification profile and exam discounts”
- In the certification profile, click on the pencil icon to activate editing
- Make changes in the available fields or check for student discounts under the Exam Discounts page in the navigation menu.
How to change the name on your Microsoft Certification profile
If the name on your Microsoft certification profile doesn’t exactly match the name on the government-issued identification you present at your exam appointment (in-person and online), you’ll need to submit a change request using the Microsoft Certification Profile Name Change Request Form. Please allow 48 hours for the change to take effect.
Note: to submit a name change in a language other than English, post a request in our moderated certification support forums at Certification support.
How to post a certification support request:
- In the main navigation menu at the top of the page, click “Ask a question.” (You’ll need to sign in with your Microsoft account.)
- Create a display name and use the template to ask a question.
- Try to be specific in your question but don’t include personal information as your post will be publicly visible.
- A forum moderator will reply within 24 business hours.
Keeping your Microsoft account active
Keep your Microsoft accounts active by signing in at least once every two years. If an account becomes inactive, you may have to contact support to regain access to your certification information.
To find your Microsoft Certification profile identification number (MCID)
Visit: Find your MCID.
To merge two Microsoft Certification profiles
If you’ve lost access to your certification account due to inactivity, or need to recover lost certification credentials, visit Certification support.