Get started with Career Coach for Microsoft Teams
March 2023, customers will no longer be able to purchase the Career Coach product as we are deprecating it. By June of 2023, Microsoft will stop all support of Career Coach. We will update the Career Coach documentation with instructions on how to export your Career Coach data in preparation for this deprecation.
Career Coach is a Microsoft Teams for Education app powered by LinkedIn that provides personalized guidance for students to navigate their career journey. With Career Coach, educational institutions can help students discover their career path, grow real-world skills, and build their network all in one place.
This article is for education IT admins to get started with configuring Career Coach for their institution.
Here are Career Coach resources for education leaders, educators, and students:
- Overview of Career Coach capabilities.
- Best practices and helpful tips for students, faculty, and staff.
- Career Coach quick start guide for students.
- Engage students with Career Coach lesson plans.
Career Coach supported languages
Career Coach is localized in the following languages:
- Chinese (Simplified, Mainland China)
- Chinese (Traditional, Taiwan)
- English (US)
- English (UK)
- French (Canada)
- French (France)
- German (Deutschland)
- Japanese (Japan)
- Portuguese (Brazil)
- Spanish (Spain)
- Spanish (Mexico)
Career Coach requirements
Review the requirements below to get Career Coach set up for your institution.
- Office 365 tenant with Azure Active Directory with LinkedIn account connections allowed.
- Microsoft Teams.
- LinkedIn School Page.
Data and files from your educational institution
- Educational institution’s LinkedIn School Page URL (required).
- Educational institution's logo and graphical assets in the required format (optional).
- Course catalog data. View sample file and document format (optional).
- List of fields of study offered. View sample file (optional).
- Educational institution links to career-related resources such as a career services website and student job postings (optional).
Accessibility in Career Coach
Career Coach has a responsibility to create an experience that is accessible for all users. Career Coach conforms to WCAG 2.1 A, AA and AAA and adopts all global accessibility standards.
Career Coach accessibility features include:
- A logical heading structure and clear focus indicators to support navigation by mouse, keyboard or voice.
- Skip links to allow users to get to important features faster.
- Clear and concise text to make reading and understanding Career Coach simple for all users.
- Color contrast with Dark and High contrast modes for diverse needs and preferences.
- A right sized user experience that is verified on all formats (PC, Mac, Android and iPhone) using Section 508 Trusted Testers.