Manage multiple customer tenants using the Microsoft 365 Lighthouse API
Microsoft 365 Lighthouse is an admin portal that lets Managed Service Providers (MSPs) remotely manage multiple customer tenants. It helps MSPs secure and manage devices, data, and users at scale for small- and medium-sized business (SMB) customers who are using Microsoft 365 Business Premium.
Microsoft 365 Lighthouse helps MSPs simplify onboarding of Microsoft 365 Business Premium customer tenants. It offers an MSP the convenience of multi-tenant views across all its customer tenant environments. It can recommend security configuration baselines tailored to the MSP's SMB customers. With Microsoft 365 Lighthouse, MSPs can scale the management of their customer tenants, focus on what's most important, quickly find and investigate risks, and take action to help get their customer tenants to a healthy and secure state.
This documentation is about the Microsoft 365 Lighthouse API available in Microsoft Graph. A similar offering, Azure Lighthouse, helps service providers deliver managed services for Azure services by using comprehensive and robust management tooling built into the Azure platform. To learn more, see What is Azure Lighthouse.
Why integrate with Microsoft 365 Lighthouse?
As an MSP, you can use the Microsoft 365 Lighthouse API in Microsoft Graph to gain insights into identified risks and take action to help get your customers into a healthy and secure state.
You can use the Lighthouse API to perform the following device tasks:
- Analyze device compliance trends to better understand how device compliance is evolving over time for your customers.
- Understand what device compliance policies have been created across your customers and the status of the policies.
You can use the Lighthouse API to perform the following threat management tasks:
- Gain insight to the state of malware that is present on the Windows devices registered for management across your customers.
- View the protection state for Windows devices registered for management across your customers to ensure those using Windows Defender are in a healthy state.
You can use the Lighthouse API to perform the following user tasks:
- Discover risky users across your customers.
- View credential user registration summary to understand what users across your customers have registered for multi-factor authentication and self-service password reset.
Looking for the API reference for this service?
The Microsoft 365 Lighthouse API is defined in the OData subnamespace,